SERMON TEXT: Matthew 5:21-26
SCRIPTURES REFERENCED: James 4:1-2, Ephesians 4:26-27, Galatians 5:22-23, Matthew 15:19, Matthew 18:21-22, Matthew 5:3, Matthew 18:32-33, Ephesians 4:31-32,
NEW CITY CATECHISM: Question # 10 | What does God require in the first, second, and third commandments? First, that we know and trust God as the only true and living God. Second, that we avoid all idolatry and do not worship God improperly. Third, that we treat God’s name with fear and reverence, honoring also his Word and works.
- Two Kinds of Anger
- Our Murderous Anger
- Jesus’ Worshipping, Reconciling Kingdom
Seven Questions for Anger
1. Do you get angry about the right things?
2. Do you express anger in the right way?
3 How long does your anger last?
4. How controlled is your anger?
5. What motivates your anger?
6. Is your anger ‘primed and ready’ to respond to a person’s habitual sins?
7. What is the effect of your anger?
- David Powlison, The Journal of Biblical Counseling
My Lord I Did Not Choose You
Jesus Paid It All
How Deep The Fathers Love
Lord, I Need You
All The Poor and Powerless